Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Baaaaaack!

     Just have returned home after 16 days in the U.K. Now I know why people travel to europe. Holy Crap is that an amazing place! Lots of history, sites to see, drinks to be drunk, or vice versa.
By the way, I do have to admit something. Got accosted by a drunk scotsman the night before I came home. Think he was asking for bus fare. Not sure. This is around 1030 at night, I saw him at 1 pm in the afternoon on the Royal Mile walking around. I recognized his dog. No, I am mean hearted and did not give him any money. Or is that Yes, I am mean hearted because Ah dinnae ken whit e was on aboot!
In other words, a drunk scotchman is absolutely impossible to understand.
     So now I am going to post what I did EVERYSINGLEDAY. No, not really. I'll just post things I remember and took notes on. And picshures. If I ever get them.
     We had brought over my daughters camera, a Nikon D90 to take pictures with. Well, it's semi the family camera as she has finished with school for now. Anyways, was really nice to start taking photo's again like I used to in my teen years. Had to ask my other daughters boyfriend about functions on the camera. Dang new fangled digital technology!
     Here's a hint for anyone travelling...when you go and you think you want to download pictures to a usb stick just because you want to be pre-cautious and not lose any pictures. Remember where the hell you put the stick! Leaving it to the last minute, literally, I paid 38 quid for a 8 GB stick at the "duty free shops". That would be hmmm. $60 Cdn. WTF? Over here I could have bought two for that kind of money! I call boolshite on that.
     The other reason I wanted to put them on stick was because my daughters were leaving from Scotland and going to France (because they didn't feel they had been abused enough). And I wanted to A.) bring my pictures home. B.) was worried the camera might get stolen.  As it happens when we downloaded the first week, there was only couple hundred shots left. Yes, that's still a lot I hear you say. Keep in mind we downloaded over 500 pictures and still had another full week to go. And in retrospect am thinking I still didn't take enough, allowing for crappy shots, spoilt shots with French tourists in there. Which would bring me down to 18 good pictures.
Good work ethic there, even when they are sick they work

The London Eye taken from opposite side of the Thames. The missing capsule at top was flung off due to loose bolts and 15 people perished. 

Lol 

Queen Elizabeth-The Queen Mother and King George VI
(not really these are just statues. I'm not 100% certain but their bodies may be inside) 

Buckingham Palace, no, not Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac. This was built by the Duke of Buckingham who invited the King over for a baguette (because beating the French as many times as possible wasn't enough, they really had to rub it in by stealing their bread as well), and the King said "I like your new house" to which the Duke said, "Thank you my lord." The King then said, "No, I REALLY like your house." 
And he got it for 28,000 £. Keep in mind this was early 1761 and was not as big as it is today. Still, quite the deal. What's the Duke going to say? "No your royal highness, I appreciate your offer however it is my house and it's not for sale". After which he most likely would have been imprisoned in the tower for the rest of his life.  
  
Changing of the guard 

Tulips 
(duh!) 

Ok, enough for today. Chat later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I work at a 911 centre. Yes, CENTRE! I am Canadian! So, yes I do have some stories. Not as many as you might think as you do tend to get jaded working in that environment for any length of time. And you start to think of everyone as stupid, immature, and wonder how we ever survived the dark ages as a race. We need more chlorine in the gene pool! Most people I find are afraid. Afraid of life, afraid of each other, afraid of failure, afraid of success. You big fraidy cats! Wait till the zombies come, now that's something to be truly afraid of!