Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Medical Practices (originally started this post May 19th...on my Iphone)

     They must be practices since they can't seem to run on time. Had a medical appointment for a stress test at 1015, still sitting here on my arse 40 minutes later. So do the people coming in at 4 pm finally get served at 9? Unbelievable.
     Receptionist just called a doctors office, said "Busy like us?"
I had to look around...there's 4 people in the waiting room. Perhaps they should try answering 911 calls for a bit, then see how busy things get. Jeez.
Ok, rant over. Maybe.
     Did my stress test...for some reason I think of a stress test as having Sam Kinison screaming at you while you're trying to solve a math problem or something like that. Now THATS a stress test. The math problem part obviously, duh.
     My test came back false positive. That's like being a little bit pregnant. Or having a touch of cancer. Or lately, asking me a question. I've taken to answering question with yes/no answers. That could be because my wife asks me two questions at once. For example, "Did you take the garbage out? Was the bin full?"
I reply "Yes, no" And get a frying pan to the head. Guess I'm pretty aggravating to live with. Then I say "Yes I took it out, No the bin was not full." Or I'll just say it because I confuse easily and she's trying to trick me as usual.
     So the doctor says a False/Positive and I feel like I'm talking to myself. He then adds usually, nothing to worry about. The doctor tech guy who makes sure you live through the treadmill test, since that appears to be his job, standing there monitoring people. There must be more to his job, otherwise it really is the worst job ever.
Anyway he said the next step was to do the test again, this time with radioactive dye running through my veins. I resisted the urge to ask if I get web shooters with that, or if I get Hulk mad. Because that would be really cool. So he said my results were a bit abnormal and nothing to get worked up about. I could take the test again if I wanted but would have to rebook through my doctor.
Went to see my doctor, all he said was. "You're fine."
Glad I am not really relying on him to keep me healthy. Maybe I'm just being an over reactive twerp, would like to just stay alive is all. Now that I've quit smoking would really like to stick around for a bit to see how the movie ends. Hopefully like my grandfather peacefully in his sleep, not like the other 9 people in the plane hysterically screaming and crying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I work at a 911 centre. Yes, CENTRE! I am Canadian! So, yes I do have some stories. Not as many as you might think as you do tend to get jaded working in that environment for any length of time. And you start to think of everyone as stupid, immature, and wonder how we ever survived the dark ages as a race. We need more chlorine in the gene pool! Most people I find are afraid. Afraid of life, afraid of each other, afraid of failure, afraid of success. You big fraidy cats! Wait till the zombies come, now that's something to be truly afraid of!