Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Money

Broke the garage door yesterday, called a repairman who now apologizes profusely but can't get here until tomorrow at the earliest. I could call another company. Which I may do.
After breaking the door, thought about attempting to fix it myself. However all the websites I visited warned against it due to the springs used and tension that it may fly off and kill me. And since I don't really know how the spring interacts with the door...might be a good idea to spend the money and get someone who knows what they're doing in to fix it.
Which got me to thinking about money. Who thought up this stupid idea that we all work for money or work for some reward? What a dumb idea. Just shows to go you that thousands of years ago, we had the "What's in it for me?" attitude.
So, outside of fixing the house it got me to thinking about the Caymans. Yes, more island talk. Since it's minus 11 outside and the windchill puts it to -20, why not think about the Caymans? ha.
There is a lot, I mean a lot of rich and well off people there. And, since I'm not one of them. How did they do it? Investments? The one good idea? Inheritance? Planning? I don't know. I would like to be one of them, however my 6/49 ticket says I only won 5 dollars. I'll be a while amassing that fortune.
Here is a picture of the house I think I would like.

And it's just been reduced to sell for 2,000,000. Cayman. So that would be about 2.5 mill. Cdn. 
And they are including the boat. I'm sure it's not an aluminum runabout. I hope.  
http://www.beachcastles.com/developments/individualListings.php?view=276
I already have a former marine police officer offering to man the gates and make sure all is safe on top of the water and under. I just haven't told him that part of his uniform is when he peels off his drysuit (since wetsuit would make it wet, duh) his uniform is a tuxedo just like in the Bond movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I work at a 911 centre. Yes, CENTRE! I am Canadian! So, yes I do have some stories. Not as many as you might think as you do tend to get jaded working in that environment for any length of time. And you start to think of everyone as stupid, immature, and wonder how we ever survived the dark ages as a race. We need more chlorine in the gene pool! Most people I find are afraid. Afraid of life, afraid of each other, afraid of failure, afraid of success. You big fraidy cats! Wait till the zombies come, now that's something to be truly afraid of!