Friday, February 12, 2010

Conversations

Have you ever had a conversation, either verbal or by text where you miss the very first part of the conversation so you just carry on like normal and after talking to the other person they wonder if you're mental because they already told you the most crucial piece of info you needed?
Yah, me too. Took the youngest to school and asked her to text her mom with my phone asking her when the next baby daughter (the 21 yr old) was coming in today by bus from university. The wife replies that she had missed her bus and text her directly. I do, and the conversation went something like this.
"What time do you think you will hit Toronto?"
"I have no clue, I think the next bus is 2 hours long so probably in 3 hours."
"Ok let me know as soon as you can, maybe I can pick you up downtown."
"Ok...so this bus is just leaving (obviously missed this slightly important part) and should get me there in an hour and half, should I just take the go (bus) home?" (May have missed the whole sentence come to think of it)
"Are you taking greyhound or go bus?"
"Greyhound right now"
"Roger"
"Wait, I'm confused....am taking the go home then or are you picking me up?"
"Was going to pick you up, just looking to see what time you are expected in"

So then I discuss where she catching the go bus while I'm looking online at the Greyhound schedule and I tell her the 1030 arrives at 1205. She then informs me she's on the 0930 but it was 15 mins late. She then says "Have you not been reading my texts?" and won't answer me now when I text her. Guess I got her hopes up that I would get her and now they're dashed away by my 1100 doctor appointment which basically means unless she wants to hang around downtown for an extra hour she better take the go bus home. Sigh.
Ok, not really funny or important but it's my blog and I can say what I want on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I work at a 911 centre. Yes, CENTRE! I am Canadian! So, yes I do have some stories. Not as many as you might think as you do tend to get jaded working in that environment for any length of time. And you start to think of everyone as stupid, immature, and wonder how we ever survived the dark ages as a race. We need more chlorine in the gene pool! Most people I find are afraid. Afraid of life, afraid of each other, afraid of failure, afraid of success. You big fraidy cats! Wait till the zombies come, now that's something to be truly afraid of!