Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Full Moon/Wolf Moon Crashing Into Earth

The first full moon of the year and they say it will be the closest approach to earth as well. They, whoever "They" are, say the moon because of it's elliptical dance around the earth will actually be a mere 356,593 kilometres away. As shown in the photo to the right it actually does appear that it's a scanty 356,583 kilometres away thanks to the high powered lenses in my Fujifilm Finepix digital powerhouse camera. They (I am suspecting Brad and Angelina are the "They" in this story) also tell us that the little dot to the left of the amazing shot of the moon is not a speck on your monitor screen but Mars. I think it's time they bought another child and left the real science up to us macadamians. This picture that is worthy of a Pulitzer prize was taken on Friday January 29th at 930 pm. I would also like to point out that this moon was seen at this precise moment by all those on this side of the earth who chose to look up (providing they didn't have cloud cover) Which would be billions, literally billions! of people. It's truly mind boggling. And one last thing...how do Brad and Angelina know that it is 356,593 kms away? Did they use one of those golf distance finders? I mean, they're actors! When did they have time to get all edumacated and stuff. In any event, that's one awesome tape measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I work at a 911 centre. Yes, CENTRE! I am Canadian! So, yes I do have some stories. Not as many as you might think as you do tend to get jaded working in that environment for any length of time. And you start to think of everyone as stupid, immature, and wonder how we ever survived the dark ages as a race. We need more chlorine in the gene pool! Most people I find are afraid. Afraid of life, afraid of each other, afraid of failure, afraid of success. You big fraidy cats! Wait till the zombies come, now that's something to be truly afraid of!