Monday, March 14, 2011

Despicable Me

Why do I let such time pass me by? Most likely because I'm lazy when it comes right down to it. But then, who isn't in some way or other? (Shaddup!, it was rhetorical).
Lets see. Should I talk about work? Or the 18 posts that are sitting in my edit file, some with headings and no body or some with body but no heading and too rough to post?
I don't want to rant on things. Too easy, and I tend to slip too easily into it.
Since Charlie was in the news last week so much I happened to stumble across this movie which had an early appearance by Mr. Tiger Blood;
Grizzly II: The Predator 

Wow! Just seeing the name makes me want to pass by it at Blockbuster. Except for the following from Wikipedia; The film was shot in Hungary in 1983, was never released in theatres or video. It's known as an Urban Legend in film. All the actors parts were shot and the bear was going to be special effected in later. (effected?). When suddenly all work stopped. The best part I find though is the synopsis. 
The film is about a park ranger (some actor I've never heard of) who disagrees with his supervisor (Louise Fletcher- Nurse Ratched- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest-for which she won an oscar!). 
Anyways, they disagree over a large rock concert that is going to be held in the area. The park ranger fears the local grizzly population might (might?!) be a danger to the attendees (perhaps like swimming off Capetown, South Africa is a good idea as well!). So of course after a local poacher and three teens get killed by a bear, the park ranger begins to track the bear with a bear activist (didn't think bears needed the help of a activist, seems to me a grizzly doesn't have to worry much about encroachment on their property). Oh and also a bear hunter played by John Rhys-Davies (Raiders and whole crap of other movies). So some other stuff happens, four poachers set out together to try and trap the bear hoping to gain the 100 g's reward money, and of course the unsub (18 foot grizzly) makes it's way to the rock concert, where of course the park rangers daughter is working backstage.
Now I'm guessing that Charlie and some other hack actors that were making their "apppearance" as well, George Clooney and Laura Dern were the first victims. 
Ok, just did more useless research for anyone still reading. On IMDB there are quite a few comments about the movie from people who supposedly worked on it. Each person seems to have their own idea of when the movie was made/not made and what was involved. One of them even goes as far as dropping names in true showbiz style because he was so involved when the director lost his mind, he had to take over and finish what he could of the movie....also claims it's called Predator: The Concert (1987), which would confuse anyone of the newer generation thinking it's about the alien Predator. Boy wouldn't they be surprised! 
And I've just made myself ill reading this guys comments about people who were nobodies back then. 
Pandering, slobbering sleazeball. Glad I'm not in showbiz. And the reason the movie was never finished was supposedly (depending on who you believe, or not) is that is about the time Cannon films went bankrupt, and yes, this would have been their style of film.  
Rant at ya later. Cheers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I work at a 911 centre. Yes, CENTRE! I am Canadian! So, yes I do have some stories. Not as many as you might think as you do tend to get jaded working in that environment for any length of time. And you start to think of everyone as stupid, immature, and wonder how we ever survived the dark ages as a race. We need more chlorine in the gene pool! Most people I find are afraid. Afraid of life, afraid of each other, afraid of failure, afraid of success. You big fraidy cats! Wait till the zombies come, now that's something to be truly afraid of!